Bluetooth Keyboard

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Jun 25 07:29:39 CEST 2013

On Monday, June 24, 2013 08:17:35 PM Ben Wong wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 1:36 AM, Giacomo 'giotti' Mariani <
>
> giacomomariani at yahoo.it> wrote:
> >  Thank you Radeck,
> >
> >    I'm glad to have the "Docked keyboard" back: it is priceless when
> >
> > sending SMS via vnc!
>
> Nice tip, Giacomo.
>
> That reminds me that my biggest bugaboo with QtMoko is that I have never
> been able to get my bluetooth keyboard to work. It's quite frustrating to
> have to plug my Neo into a PC just so I can ssh into it with a proper
> keyboard.
>
> I seem to remember Radek saying about a year ago that the issue was not too
> hard to fix, but I think nobody has stepped forward to do it. I started
> reading the QT documentation myself, but was daunted. I suspect "simple"
> for Radek is still too hard for lesser-mortals. ;-)

Well i have been playing with my bluetooth keyboard this weekend. I could
connect it with hidd --connect but unfortunately it does not generate any
input events (same on PC). So the HW might be broken.

I though it could be quite easy, because input handling is handled by Qt and
should be quite well documented/tested. The trick should be to correctly set
QWS_KEYBOARD environment variable - you can google for it. E.g. this [1] link
looks interesting.

Also on PC HW keyboard worked for me in qtmoko.

Regards

Radek

[1] http://buildroot-busybox.2317881.n4.nabble.com/Question-exporting-QWS-
KEYBOARD-LinuxInput-dev-input-event0-quot-hang-application-td31600.html