GTA02 act as gps mouse?

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Wed Mar 6 13:42:28 CET 2013

Am 05.03.2013 18:43, schrieb Fox Mulder:
> Am 05.03.2013 15:08, schrieb Neil Jerram:
>> Fox Mulder <Quakeman1 at gmx.net> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is it possible to use my gta02 as a gps mouse for another computer?
>>>
>>> I got a cheap tablet without integrated gps and thought it would be
>>> great, if i could use my gta02 as an external gps receiver and pair it
>>> over bluetooth with my tablet. But therefor i need some special program
>>> or script which i have to run on my gta02 that it acts as a standard
>>> bluetooth gps mouse.
>>>
>>> So does anybody know a way to do this? :)
>>
>> Do you mean this?  http://www.handheldshell.com/software/bluetooth.php
>
> I was looking exactly for this kind of script. :)
> I will try it at the weekend and hopefully i get it working without too
> much trouble. Thanks for the link.

I couldn't wait and so i tried it today. I installed latest SHR 2012.7
and revived my GTA02 for this test. :)
But the first problem came up with bluetooth pairing because the
mentioned "simple-agent" Python script in the wiki relies on some
modules SHR doesn't have. It uses "from gi.repository import GObject"
which i could solve when renaming it to "import gobject" (doesn't know
if that works). But than it also uses "import bluezutils" which i can't
find anywhere in the SHR repositories.
So before i can test the BtGPS script i have to solve the problem of
pairing my devices. The wiki states there are some other scripts for
pairing but i can't find any. So does anybody know a way how to pair my
GTA02 with another device with some script or program for SHR?

Ciao,
     Rainer