Invitation to indicate interest in next batch of GTA04A5 boards

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Mar 26 15:58:10 CET 2013

On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:22:39 AM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> If you have ideas how to stimulate demand, please do!

Hi Nikolaus,
first of all thanks for all your work. It's quite sad that such nice project
is attractive for only such small group of people. I dont think there was any
obvious mistake done. Most likely it's just wrong time for our project.
Openmoko sold 10000 phones with much worse HW and with crap software - maybe
that's why there is so small demand for GTA04 now...

Ideas:

I think there might be interest in encrypted GSM calls - those customers would
be not worried by big price. It's just matter of implementing SW for it.

The board would be nice for some industrial solution. E.g. company where i
work uses nearly identical OMAP board for reading smartcards in trains:

	http://www.odp.cz/index.php?id=53&L=1

GTA04 board would be much better for this, but unfortunately the board was
chosen before GTA04 was usable. High price is not problem here...

Looking forward meeting you and Christoph in Berlin!

Radek