Corrupt database OR How to get back applications without reinstallation

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 19:34:56 CET 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Sebastian Reinhardt
<snr at lmv-hartmannsdorf.de> wrote:
> I played a little bit with my "Moko" an it hand up complete (frozen). So I
> rebooted and got an message about an corrupted database. Qtmoko was backing
> up the database and created a new one.
> Now, the installed apps are gone, but still there (I can start i.e. navit
> from console). How can I create/ get back the shortcuts in menu without
> reinstalling all apps?

That would involve re-creating the .desktop files that came with the apps...

_presumably_ the .deb files that are installed when installing an app
contain these. Does apt-get know that (i.e.) navit is still installed?

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0