Bitcoin Client

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue May 7 12:57:29 CEST 2013

On Monday 06 May 2013 13:32:29 Allan Savolainen wrote:
> On Mon, 06 May 2013 11:27:53 +0300, Patryk Benderz <Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl>
>
> wrote:
> > [cut]
> >
> >> no, mining is not an option, but being able to use it as a wallet could
> >> be!
> >
> > That would be something :). I suppose you should be able to easy install
> > one of wallets on top of QtMoko, as it is Debian based... the possible
> > issue here is wallet's GUI not prepared for small screen.
>
> There might also be issue with the size of the blocks files, they seem to
> consume over 6.9GB on the disk

Recent clients seem to be addressing this problem (going by release info not
personal experience.)
	https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173182.0
How they got there:
	https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141543.0
	https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BIP_0037
If I understand correctly the current version of Bitcoin-Qt should be able to
work in this mode.