Re: Interview of Jussi Hurmola, Jolla Mobile’s managing director - with a comment on Open Moko

thomasg thomas at gstaedtner.net
Tue May 21 19:54:54 CEST 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Yury Sakarinen <zyth at onego.ru> wrote:
> Jolla news:
>
> At the core of Jolla is Sailfish, a mobile-optimized OS that has the
> flexibility of a unique, open platform.

One should mention, that "open platform" is a contrast to "open source
platform".
For example, Apple Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows (non-RT) are open platforms.

I'm still highly skeptical and don't believe we will see a Jolla phone
running _as_ open source (frameworks, phone-stack, UI) but just _on_
open source (linux, wayland, qt).