[QtMoko] black screen after sms reception

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue May 28 08:20:04 CEST 2013

On Monday, May 27, 2013 11:28:16 PM Adrien Dorsaz wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've again the black screen after reception of an SMS bug using QtMoko
> v55 (self compiled) on GTA04 (I'm not sure if it depends on hardware).

Hi Adrien,
for some reason i dont believe cross compilers. Last time i was using cross
compiled qtmoko was like 2 years ago, so i cant tell from my own experience if
cross compiled qtmoko actually works as whole (i just cross compiled only one
app/library).

> Now, I've some new notes about this bug :
>
> * When the SMS arrive, the screen light on and I see the lock screen
> during 3 seconds (during this time I see the "1 message received" dialog
> appears) and after it normally suspends (with aux green blinking)
> * if I press power button to resume from suspend, screen stays black
> (even if I press several times)
> * some times after the screen power on (I don't know really exact time,
> but it seems to be long so about 20 seconds)

We were already trying to solvethis problem. IIRC it seems to be related with
dbus crashing on resume which causes QtMoko to crash too. QtMoko is
responsible for setting screen brightness after resume and because of the
crash the display stays dark.

Can you try SSH to the device when the display is black and check if dbus and
QtMoko are running?

Regards

Radek