First small steps toward free GSM firmware

kardan kardan at riseup.net
Fri Nov 15 01:50:29 CET 2013

Hey,

Excuse me for reading the thread only cursory,

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 01:39:22 +0400 Norayr Chilingarian
<norayr at arnet.am> wrote:

> I would write instructions in wiki.

So far I did not understand your setup from the links you gave.
Your findings seem to be quite fresh. It is probably great work you are
doing. Maybe some sorted testing should be done before publishing
"facts". Please continue documenting your experiments to the list for
direct feedback as it is probably best to share with fellow developers
first.

The following is more generally related to the GSM subject:
http://www.osnews.com/story/27416/The_second_operating_system_hiding_in_every_mobile_phone
http://events.ccc.de/congress/2011/Fahrplan/attachments/2022_11-ccc-qcombbdbg.pdf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQqv0v14KKY

All the best,
kardan

--
Kardan <kardan at riseup.net>
Please encrypt emails to me. http://gnupg.org/documentation

Why?
* EU data retention since 2006 http://tinyurl.com/eu-data-retention
* NSA/GHCQ soak up all they can into their data centers
* orwell 2.0: http://knopfdoubleday.com/book/232010/the-circle/

EFF.org: Stop Watching Us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGmiw_rrNxk
> https://prism-break.org software for informational self protection

"everyone has the right to know who is knowing what about him at what
time." https://www.datenschutz.de/privo/recht/grundlagen