Fundraising for GTA04A5 has started!

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Nov 22 17:37:37 CET 2013

Am 22.11.2013 um 17:21 schrieb Lukas Märdian:

> Am 22.11.2013 23:23, schrieb Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller:
>>
>> Am 22.11.2013 um 15:46 schrieb Pascal Gosselin:
>>

>>> What about GPS specifications ?  My company would have interest in multiple units if the GPS chip was capable of 5Hz or greater updates.  Recent GPS chipsets all seem to have GPS/GLONASS capability, which is very nice to have.
>>
>> I think we can not easily change to use something different than the WSG0084 using a Sirf IV.
>> Unfortunately, the latest datasheet still isn't telling anything about the max. update rate and any updates in the firmware:
>
> On page 15 it says: "3: Defined as current drawn during continuous
> operation at a 10Hz update rate." Could this be a hint, that the module
> can actually operate at a max. update rate of 10Hz?

Unfortunately no. I also stumbled over this sentence but I think they mean
the update rate of the current probe, i.e. they did measuer the supply
current 10 times per second.

> Is there any GTA04 board, which already has a W2SG0084i installed?

Yes, about 50 or 80 (I don't remember the exact figure) since the W2SG0004i
was EOL and could easily be swapped. Unfortunately we don't have a mapping
to serial numbers.

> If
> so, we could try to query/set the output rate according to chap. 5 "NMEA
> Input Messages", using the message ID 103.

That one unfortunately only allows to specify the reporting rate in
multiples of 1 second, i.e. up to 255 seconds. But not 1/10 sec.

> Also chap. 6.2 "OSP Input
> Messages" look interesting, especially message 0x81.
>
> Cheers,
>  Lukas

Maybe someone knows a good technical contact to Wi2Wi?
I only have very indirect support though a distributor.

BR,
Nikolaus