Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone (right now)

joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sat Oct 5 22:16:07 CEST 2013

On Sat 05 October 2013 21:03:44 Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > But none of them is building modular devices. I wonder why.
>
> For the same reason they don't make their hardware open, for the same
> reason they don't make their software Free, for the same reason they
> don't want you to have root access on your phone.
>

>         Stefan

Nonsense, read very enlightening post of Ian Sterling (Hi speedevil! :-D)
somewhere in this thread!

/j
(alas the above page got scrapped due to resignation(!!), so here some
supplementary links:)
http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html
http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil_still.shtml
http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii/ (German)