Labour conditions and mineral sources

kardan kardan at riseup.net
Tue Sep 24 04:52:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

I would like to add production stories to the website. Also more info
about the companies that produces the prototypes so far would be nice.
There is nothing available about hardware[1] or involved companies what
I could put to the website.

Have there been any requests so far or do I need to start from scratch?
Is there a list with all the parts and selling companies somewhere?

Conventional stories however do not sound very nice:

"Nearly half of global tin supplies are used to make solder for
electronics. About 30% of the world's tin comes from Bangka and
Belitung islands in Indonesia, where an orgy of unregulated mining is
reducing a rich and complex system of rainforests and gardens to a
post-holocaust landscape of sand and acid subsoil. Tin dredgers in the
coastal waters are also wiping out the coral, the giant clams, the
local fisheries, the endangered Napoleon wrasse, the mangrove forests
and the beaches used by breeding
turtles." [2]

[1]
http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-main/doc/search/?q=hardware&s=Search