sensors on GTA04

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Apr 2 07:15:34 CEST 2014

Am 02.04.2014 um 03:17 schrieb L. B.:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to play with the compass but the info from the documentation page does not correspond with what I got on my phone (using qtmoko v58). The page I use is that one:
> http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Sensors/
>
> In the 'compass' section there is a switch to enable/disable sampling. On my phone there is a directory
> /sys/bus/i2c/devices/i2c-2/2-001e/
> but there is no 'rate' file in there. Same applies for the gyroscope.
> Has anything been changed?

No. The kenrel doc is for the Goldelico kernels which were 2.6.32 some years ago and now reflect the drivers of 3.12 (ff).

QtMoko AFAIK uses a 3.7 kernel and since the /sys node names are not stable (and never will be) you might have to do a little guesswork and look into the 3.7 kernel source code to find out how the driver works.

Hope this helps,
Nikolaus