testing the free calypso software

Norayr Chilingarian norayr at arnet.am
Mon Feb 3 21:42:38 CET 2014

Does anyone know what will happen in a cellular network where there is
more than one device has the same IMEI. In other words, if we all
could change our IMEI numbers, and use one imaginary number, are there
technical reasons for network to not work.

I mean, MAC address is used on a physical layer, so if two network
cards connected to the same switch have same MAC adresses, network
won't work. I guess switch will down both ports connected to those
devices.

But I don't know how IMEI's work. Are they technically necessary so
that 3G/gsm network can be operational, or they are only used to
identify (and track) customers by devices? I am just curious.

01/29/14 12:39 -ում, Michael Spacefalcon-ը գրել է: