Fun with IMEI (was testing the free calypso software)

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Feb 4 21:40:02 CET 2014

El día Tuesday, February 04, 2014 a las 08:34:00PM +0100, Kai Lüke escribió:

> .... Also the change to non-encrypted transfer
> would be a similar event which might occure due to an IMSI catcher, so
> generating a message (SMS?) warning the user would be helpful.

For this see the thread in our mailing list with the Subject:

	Subject: FR && non encrypted calls

in July 2011. I.e. the FR knows perfectly well if the call is ciphered
or not. We only should bring this information to the GUI with a
question: Call not ciphered, should we continue yes or no?

	matthias

--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz, <guru at unixarea.de>, http://www.unixarea.de/ f: +49-170-4527211
UNIX since V7 on PDP-11, UNIX on mainframe since ESER 1055 (IBM /370)
UNIX on x86 since SVR4.2 UnixWare 2.1.2, FreeBSD since 2.2.5