changing IMEI

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Thu Feb 20 23:30:14 CET 2014

Hi,

On 20 Feb 2014 12:05:00 +0100
openmoko at pulster.de (Christoph Pulster) wrote:

> I remember adverts of Openmoko in capitals "100% FREE mobile".
> that this was a false promise comes evident afterwards.
> the knowledge about NDA restrictions of GSM components is still today
> only in some geek's mind.
> As long as there are big players like government and companys, a 100%
> open mobile will never happen. Never.

100% of what? That is the question here. You can see 100% of the
software running of the application processor, 100% of everything
running on some coprocessors. 100% of pcb schematics available, 100% of
documentation available. 100% of inner layouts of microchips +
microcode. Freedom to use 100% of available phone radio natworks
(including the areas where no 2G but 3G is available.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade