GSM frequency bands in the USA

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Feb 21 19:01:15 CET 2014

Am 21.02.2014 um 18:51 schrieb Andrew Schenck:

> I can corroborate that report.  Bought my FR from Belgium, so I presume its the 900/1800/1900 version, but I haven't found any way to verify that.

1. remove battery cover
2. take out battery
3. look at serial number sticker under battery
4. here it either says GSM 900/1800/1900 or GSM 850/1800/1900

A copy of that sticker was also on the backside of the black box - if you still have it.

And: there is some chance that it will work on the wrong frequency band - 850 vs. 900 MHz
isn't that different. The antenna may be some dB weaker if not optimally tuned and the transmitter
may draw more power to be heard by a base station.

-- hns

PS: another reason to think about a GTA04A5 - it is quadband