GTA04 work (was: Openmoko's downfall (was changing IMEI))

Ben Wong lists.openmoko.org at wongs.net
Sun Feb 23 04:33:05 CET 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 1:03 AM, Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-02-21 at 08:54 +0100, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
>> We ... are working on a 3.14 kernel and getting things mainline
>
> Why?  The GTA04 is not usable as a daily phone.  Why would you waste
> time on the kernel instead of working on the problems that prevent the
> board being used?  Why are you not spending this time working on the
> power drain?
>
> When you start working on the master or PhD thesis to resolve the power
> drain, I'm sure you'll find the community will be more supportive

After much study, I have discovered that the biggest power drain
appears to be coming from certain posts on the mailing list which
ridicule and demoralize the people actually doing the work in this
community. When people volunteer to work on free software/hardware
projects, they are doing something to make the world a better place
and they should be paid back with, at the least, our respect.

—Ben