QtMoko mail reader doesn't display multi-part messages

Adrien Dorsaz adrien at adorsaz.ch
Wed Feb 26 23:44:58 CET 2014

Hello,

Le mercredi 19 février 2014 à 17:23 +0000, Neil Jerram a écrit :
> On 2014-02-19 16:39, Adrien Dorsaz wrote:
> > Hi Neil,
> >

> > It seems that the "mail->partCount()" function give me always '0' and
> > so
> > it's never been able to display my mail.
>
> Ah, OK, sorry for barking up a wrong tree.

No problem, thanks for your help ;)

> Is there perhaps something odd about GitHub emails?  Missing or
> malformed Content-Type header, strange or misused boundary string, maybe
> (etc.) ?  Something like that might be confusing QtMoko's parser.

Finally, I was able to continue to read code and I've discovered the
real issue with my multi-part messages : the last line of the raw
messages isn't correctly stored in the file (only the 2-4 first
characters of that line are stored). So, either there's a corruption
when downloading or when storing downloaded file.

And so, QtopiaMail can't find the end of parts which have to be
indicated by a well formed line containing a defined-in-mail boundary
and some special characters (typically "--"+boundary+"--" should be the
last line).

I'm sure that the error is that line, because I've manually written the
correct line in the file and Qtmoko was able to display me the message
correctly.

I don't have time right now to continue my research, but I think I'll
continue next Friday.

Regards,
Adrien

PS: I'm still enjoyed to read QtMoko code which is really good :) I'm so
disappointed that Nokia has given up its development to make now Windows
phones...