booting qtmoko-debian-gta02-v58 hangs

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Feb 28 17:04:29 CET 2014

El día Friday, February 28, 2014 a las 01:27:57PM +0100, Radek Polak escribió:

> On Friday, February 28, 2014 12:57:03 PM Matthias Apitz wrote:
>
> > Now I'm struggling with getting Wifi to work, I can see my home SSID,
> > entered the correct values (WPA-PSK and phrase), but it is unwilling
> > to connect; MAC filter in my AP is temp. disabled because I do not know
> > the MAC addr of the Wifi card.
> >
> > is Debian using the wpa_supplicant daemon? seems so, because the values
> > I have entered are written in the file with this name; but I do not see
> > the proc itself; where is the log/debug output for this?
>
> In Settings->Logging there can be selected Wifi or Networking category. There
> is bug in QtMoko in case of many networks around it might connect to wrong
> one. So check if from the log if it connects to your ssid. It can be
> workarounded if you manually move your network on the top of the list. Then it
> should start working ok.

I enabled logging for Networking (Wifi is not there) and from what I see
it tries to associate with my AP 'tarara', but either this does not
work, or DHCP does not work; this remains unclear from the log;

I did it by hand and I can associate with the config:

# cat /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

ctrl_interface=/var/lib/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=0
eapol_version=1
fast_reauth=1
ap_scan=1
network={
    ssid="tarara"
    proto=WPA WPA2 WPA RSN
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
#    pairwise=TKIP
#    group=TKIP
    psk="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
}

when I then do

# /sbin/wpa_supplicant -dd -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -ieth0

it associates fine; I can ifconfig' the interface and reach world.

when qtmoko does this, it modifies the config file
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf to some other values:

ctrl_interface=/var/lib/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=0
eapol_version=1
fast_reauth=1
ap_scan=1
network={
    ssid="tarara"
    proto=WPA2 WPA RSN
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    pairwise=TKIP
    group=TKIP
    psk="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
}

and wpa_supplicant daemon can't associate.

it seems that the values are picked up from:

/home/root/Applications/Network/config/wlan0.conf

which is modified from the GUI... have to debug further...

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: www.asciiribbon.org