Building qtmoko for Neo.

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Jan 20 21:16:53 CET 2014

On Monday, January 20, 2014 07:51:54 PM Jorge wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build qtmoko from https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko ,
> following the README., on a Ubuntu 13.04 64bits box, and have some weird
> behavior.

Hi,

> I suppose I have to run "sudo scripts/qtmoko-chroot-armel.sh", not
> armhf, right?

yes, armel for Freerunner, armhf is for GTA04

> 1. The cdebootstrap step in the script fails unless I add
> --allow-unauthenticated. Not sure what is going on nor whose fault it is.

Hmm maybe you have to install debian/emdebian apt keyring to get rid of this.
I am on debian, that's maybe why it works for me...

> 2. At some point during the script running, something breaks in my box.
> Some applets hang, and chromium starts to fail to load complaining on
> "incorrect permissions on /dev/shm". Doing "sudo chmod 1777 /dev/shm"
> seems to fix that, but I don't know what else is happening.

Ahh interesting, i am getting this error too, but it never occured to me that
this is because of qtmoko chroot. It can be related to binded mounts...

> 3. Finally, the script finishes, but the
> "qtmoko-chroot:~/qte/build$ ../qtmoko/configure -device neo"
> step (is the "neo" there right?) fails with:

Yes, -device neo is ok.

> Testing for ALSA: FAIL
> ERROR: You requested "-sound-system alsa" but it was disabled.
> make: *** [src/build/mkconf/configure] Error 1

You can try append -verbose to see more details.

Otherwise you might need the devel packages like libasound2-dev libssl-dev but
i wonder why they are not installed - i have checked the qtmoko-chroot-
armel.sh and they are there.

Regards

Radek