qtmoko tethering

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Jan 21 11:27:32 CET 2014

On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:56:25 AM robin wrote:

> I was just wondering if someone has managed to share a qtmoko-gsm
> connection via bluetooth to an android device. If so would you please
> share the steps necessary.

I think it should work. You have to dial GSM on Freerunner. Then you should
start bluetooth personal area network (PAN). There used to be pand command and
IIRC the argument to start bluetooth net was -nap (network access point). Then
you will have to connect with android - i think there are apps for this like
this one: http://www.appsapk.com/tetherblu-free/

Once connected you will have network interface on Freerunner called pan0 and
you can use iptables to enable IP forwarding (you can see qtmoko's share-
gprs.sh script for inspiration).

But i havent tried myself - i dont have any android devices.

BR

Radek