[qtmoko] customizing aux/power button or adding button to home screen

robin spielraum at web.de
Sun Mar 2 14:31:15 CET 2014

Hi,

I would like to be able to access some programs in qtmoko faster, so my
question is: Is there either a way to

  to run an app directly when you press the aux button

and if so, how can I distinguish the length of a press (I know that the
old android version did start three different processes depending on the
length of time you pressed the power button (very short, ~2sec, ~4secs).

and if this is all not possible, could someone point me to where I should
start reading to be able to change/extend the homescreen, to add any icon
with a call of that application I want to run.

and even more advanced is there any chance of bind the this process somehow
to a single icon:
-> Application -> QX -> Select Navit -> Click upArrow in Menu -> Click Launch

many thanks,

robin