Releasing FoxtrotGPS 1.2.0--translations needed

Vadim Efimov evadim at evadim.ru
Sun Oct 5 19:27:44 CEST 2014

Joshua Judson Rosen <rozzin at geekspace.com> писал(а) в своём письме Sun, 05 Oct 2014 00:41:24 +0200:

> I'm looking to finally release FoxtrotGPS 1.2.0 some time in the next
> week or so; one thing that needs some attention is the translations.
>
> We have only 18 new/changed strings since the last release,
> so it'd be great if the translations that were complete in 1.1.1
> (Spanish, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Japanese, Serbian; and Czech
> was very close to complete) could be complete in 1.2.0.
>
> There are also several other translations that a need a lot of love
> (most notably German, in which the only translated string is "no GPS found");
> I've enabled translation via launchpad.net; hopefully that will
> help make it easier to complete translations.

Hi Joshua,

I translate some "simple" strings, which (I hope) can be translated without see them in Foxtrot GPS itself, via web in LP. 2 questions/suggestions:

1) Some beta versions available, for testing and translating?

2) Could you (or somebody else?) mark translated strings in source code? I review 60 of 300 strings, and saw a lot of them with formatting. For example one string appear at leas 3 times because of this:
<b>no GPSD found</b>

or, it's just hard to find 2 letters to translate:

This make things harder, and also no suggestions for this strings.

Anyway, thanks for TangoGPS development!