State of FreeCalypso

joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sat Apr 18 20:35:47 UTC 2015

On Sat 18 April 2015 20:22:31 mail at dmatthews.org wrote:
> yeah crazy - the four freedoms on a cell phone - only a nut case would dream
> that one up
you're completely missing the point.
this guy threatening OM and me personally to kill me when I don't grant him
access to sources which even OM had unclear permissions in (since received
form FIC and not directly from TI, initially) and for sure would be liable
when disclosing them to a nut case psycho who thinks it's his natural right to
have access to them and to threaten *us* (OpenMoko) instead of maybe TI with
assault and murder when we don't grant him access. OM was *very* liberal with
granting access to virtually *everything* to *everybody* who showed a *little
bit* of common sense about avoiding possible damage to OpenMoko when getting
access to that material whatever it been. We explicitly decided that any such
common sense is NOT to be found in *this particular person* who rather
threatens to kill us than considering how to cooperate in a reasonable manner
that maximizes benefit and limits possible damage on both sides.

And evidently nothing has changed, the line of argumentation is all the same
since years.

so: futile effort. File closed.

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign