State of FreeCalypso

mail at dmatthews.org mail at dmatthews.org
Tue Apr 21 16:27:06 UTC 2015

>> Lets not forget - just one man working doggedly on the only project that offers any possibility of a cell phone running firmware that offers the four freedoms.
>
>OsmocomBB?

No

A fine project I have no doubt, but it's not aimed at producing firmware for an end-user phone.

I believe it's fair to say it's a hacking/investigative tool, but I'm happy to be corrected by anyone that actually uses or works on it. I appreciated the information on the unlock cable that they provide:-

http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/Hardware/SerialCable

--
David Matthews
mail at dmatthews.org