State of FreeCalypso

Spacefalcon the Outlaw falcon at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Tue Apr 21 17:11:39 UTC 2015

Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net> wrote:

> Why is your wellness dependant on a phone?

Because I use one to stay in touch with the people who matter in my
life, and I need this essential communication device to be free from
closed black-box firmware.

It is also a well-known fact that most free software developers derive
great personal satisfaction from doing something that benefits a
larger community, and my projects are no different in this regard.  I
consider it a very worthy use of my life to work on building a
freedom-enabling and freedom-respecting personal communication device
which many people will greatly appreciate having in their hands,
pockets and purses - even if you specifically are not one of those
people.

VLR,
SF