State of FreeCalypso

Paul Wise pabs3 at bonedaddy.net
Wed Apr 22 03:00:15 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 5:28 AM, Spacefalcon the Outlaw wrote:

> I do have a mobile phone for communicating with my family and friends

In 2017, AT&T will be shutting down their GSM network in the USA in
favour of 3G/4G. Macau is planning to shut down their GSM services in
June 2015. I would hazard a guess that GSM will be shut down worldwide
at some point, probably sooner in the USA. So eventually GTA02 and
Calypo will be less useful for communication as they would need an
external device or some method of device-to-device communication like
the Serval Mesh. What is your plan for the transition away from GSM?

http://mashable.com/2012/08/04/att-2g-wireless/
http://www.dsrt.gov.mo/por/News/special/PressRelease2gArrangementAndInvestigationRpt.html

--
bye,