State of FreeCalypso

Spacefalcon the Outlaw falcon at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Wed Apr 22 15:42:25 UTC 2015

Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net> wrote:

> I disagree.  The same pathological need still seems very much present.
> And the emphasis here is on the "pathological".  In your emails to this
> list, there is still a very strong strain of psychological
> disequilibrium and this is a bad thing, for the list, the wider
> community and for you.

So what exactly do YOU seek to accomplish by deconstructing my
motivations for working on the FreeCalypso project?  Suppose you
succeeded in convincing me to either drop the project or take it
underground to where you'll never hear about it again - how would such
a change benefit you or the wider community?

> On the other hand, you're saying that the
> only reason you need a mobile phone is to contact your loved ones.  I
> don't understand why you can't use a land line with a firmware-less
> handset.

I need *them* to be able to contact *me* freely while I roam around a
rather large geographical area.

> The fact that you're currently using a mobile phone with a
> proprietary firmware without threatening to murder people shows that
> there's some contradictions in what you're saying.

No act of murder would free my Pirelli DP-L10 from its proprietary fw,
so I don't see why I should be threatening to murder anyone.  The only
thing that would indeed free my phone from proprietary fw is technical
development work on my own FreeCalypso project, which I need to get
back to.

VLR,
SF