State of FreeCalypso

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Apr 27 18:19:52 UTC 2015

> Lets not forget - just one man working doggedly on the only project that
> offers any possibility of a cell phone running firmware that offers the
> four freedoms.

FWIW, last I checked, his work does sadly not enjoy any of those
freedoms.  Yes, you *can* look at the code, change it, and redistribute
it, but you're not legally allowed to because the source code he has
is proprietary.

Much better than running some binary blob you can't even look at, yes,
but still very different from the the goals of Free Software.

        Stefan