OT: Ubuntu phone && HTML5 / QML

guru at unixarea.de guru at unixarea.de
Mon Mar 16 09:50:48 UTC 2015

El día Monday, March 16, 2015 a las 09:34:37AM +0100, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller escribió:

> > Thanks for the info.
> >
> >> I did order the ubuntu phone and can't wait to test it out!
> >
> > Me too on March 12 in the flash sell. The money is already cut from my
> > credit card, so there is hope that I will get one :-)
>
> Interesting.
>
> Makes me curious why you both spend money on that one instead of e.g. the GTA04A5?
>
> Any answer is valid - and no need to be polite…
>
> I am just curious to understand how people think and decide such things in March 2015.

Hi Nikolas,

I'm using since 2008 the FR as my one and only cellphone. This is not
lying, it is just a fact. And I do not know any other person from this
list who is doing so. I will continue using the GTA02 until finaly
breaks something, display or board, and will hope to update it. How and
when such an update is possible?

On the other hand, the Ubuntu phone is something to just play/test with
it and the price allowed me this decision. Maybe I will give it to my
wife who is using an old Nokia phone and we both are unwilling to use
some Android spying and 'phoning home' device.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."