Linux gta04 4.1.0-rc4-gta04+ #1096 SMP Tue May 19 13:58:31 CEST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue May 19 13:11:13 UTC 2015

We are proud to have this kernel available for testing [1].

What is new:
* we have fixed a NULL pointer issue in the bq27x00 driver which was introduced by 4.1-rc1
* we are preparing for DT support of the camera module; the OMAP3 ISP (Image Signal Processor) should already be configured correctly
* everything else that is new with 4.1 and comes to us without big efforts

Some things we are still working on:
* get the GPS chip power managed on open(“/dev/ttyO1”). Technically it works since 2 years, but we need to find a solution that is accepted by upstream maintainers.
* some tweaks to the touch screen driver are needed to make it more general (and useable for Replicant)
* camera
* twl4030 battery driver (fallback for devices like L3704 where hdq is n/a)
* general power management
* sound (we still need to implement voice hardware routing, and headset detection)

Please give it a try (it also runs on BeagleBoard/XM, BeagleBone Black or PandaBoard ES).

As usual, collaboration is welcome and/or donations [2] to support this work.

And please follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/goldelico

BR and thanks,
Nikolaus

[1]: http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.1-rc4