New Calypso modems

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 15:18:59 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:25:33 PM CEST Dominic Walden wrote:
> > On October 17, 2016 at 6:54 PM Mychaela Falconia
> > <mychaela.falconia at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > https://www.gofundme.com/fcdev3b-board-production-2umevjw
>
> Will the modem firmware be usable from a legal perspective?

I think it is imperative to mention the jurisdiction for which your question
should be answered.

* Has your location already joined and enjoyed the revolution? Then you have
your own jurisdiction and you can decide for yourself;
* Are you still suffering under the yoke of totalitarian regimes like the rest
of us, then you might be out of luck. Then again, no one should notice as long
as the modem doesn't misbehave.

Usability from a network perspective might be better than those of 3G modems,
according to the first result[1] I found when searching in that direction.

Good luck with the effort for those involved!

Best regards,

Boudewijn

[1] https://www.ovum.com/press_releases/ovum-says-2g3g-networks-wont-close-en-masse-until-2020/