[ Test Report : 2008.08.01 ]

Wendy wendy_hung at openmoko.com
Fri Aug 1 13:55:14 CEST 2008

Hi All,

as last week, this week we're also focus on "in_testing" bugs, especially
those related to phone functions.
The ASU release is coming soon, so for the next week we'll try harder to push
fixing bugs.

The images:
Kernel:
 - 20080723-asu.stable-uImage.bin
Root file system:
 - 20080729-asu.stable-rootfs.jffs2
 - 20080730-asu.stable-rootfs.jffs2
 - 20080731-asu.stable-rootfs.jffs2
 - 20080801-asu.stable-rootfs.jffs2
U-Boot:
 - 1.3.2-rc2-dirty-moko12

This time I want to make the summary more detail and a little bit more:

 - [#1662 and #1512]  The GSM signal problems could be these ticket, which is
not stable and if on/off/on will cut off the signals
 - [#1700]  Although we got better sound of ringtones, but we can not hear it
very often.
 - [#1691]  After flashed the image will show up some warning message about
the qpe crash, careful not to click "exit" or you might not use NEO as a
phone.
 - [#1482]  AUX red light still behave strange.
 - [#1635]  Dialer is working pretty well now but not perfect. Some how after
x hours the call active will become unstable. Can't receive or make a phone
call normally.
 - Thanks for someone who mentioned about the battery life time for us, we're
testing it more. The current result now is: [suspend time on: 10+ hours ;
suspend time off: 4.5+ hours] The amount now is not totally sure, just let
you have an overview of this.
 - The stuff that we're not test it yet are: bluetooth and Wifi.

To engineers:

again thank you for fixing bugs, usually we have to wait the newest image to
test, but sometimes it won't be in the next image. So make sure it's in the
stable build images (or you can tell us what day's image we can test).

Please notice us if you have any question or suggestion.
Thanks, and have a nice weekend!

Best Regards,
Wendy