FSO and dbus

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 21:35:29 CEST 2008

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 16:39:39 +0200
"Michael 'Mickey' Lauer" <mickey at openmoko.org> wrote:

> It would be more appropriate on the devel mailing list, since this is
> hardly kernel related.

OK, sorry - I remember that some mailing lists were merged a while ago
and though this went into the kernel ML. I've moved the thread to devel.

> > dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply:
> > Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
> > application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
> > blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
> > connection was broken
> >
> > I'm running from a NFS root with milestone 2. Is this expected
> > behavior?
>
> No, definitely not expected. Are you sure your rootfs is complete? It
> seems to work fine for a lot of people. Please try the same directly
> on the device. If this work, we need to find out what's different in
> your nfs-rootfs case.

The rootfs has been created simply by loopback mounting the JFFS2
filesystem image and making a tarball of the mounted files. Perhaps a
tarball would be good to upload in addition to the JFFS images?

I tried flashing the rootfs with dfu-util, and it appears to work fine
then. 2007.2 works fine under NFS.

// Simon