Weekly Engineering News 31/2008

Mike Montour mail at mmontour.net
Mon Aug 4 07:38:09 CEST 2008

On 3-Aug-08, at 12:36 PM, Wolfgang Spraul wrote:

> [...], as well as
> on improving GTA02 audio quality. Even though he did a lot of tests,
> right now he cannot reproduce any audio problems with our latest
> generation A6 devices. So we have to see what comes from the factory
> next and then test again to see whether any 'buzzing noise' issues are
> left.

I don't know if this is good news or bad news.

When you say "with our latest generation A6 devices", does this mean
that those new devices have hardware changes designed to improve audio
quality relative to the Neo1973 and first batch of Freerunners? Or is
the hardware still the same and you are just unable to reproduce the
problems?

Also, I hope that the "echo" problem (#1267) is getting as much
attention as the "buzz". On my Neo1973 I can hear buzzing but it is at
a tolerable level. However, the echo can be loud enough that the
person on the other end of the call is not able to carry on a
conversation. This issue is the main reason that I haven't yet
purchased a Freerunner.

p.s. I know that it is possible to "get rid of" the echo by turning
down some of the mixer controls. The trick is to get rid of the echo
while keeping those mixer elements high enough that the two people on
the phone call can still hear each other talking.