Development with Qtopia

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Wed Aug 6 22:16:46 CEST 2008

Holger Freyther wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 August 2008 20:13:29 Konrad Zapalowicz wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like to start development for OpenMoko. By nowI have set up
>> Qtopia (compiled, abble to run qtvb), do I need something else in rder
>> to start development? I'm asking in the meaning of additional
>> libraries and symilar stuff.
>
> You should be well prepared now, using plain qmake to create Qtopia apps can
> be a bit tricky.

Thats why there is qtopiamake! Do not use qmake for Qtopia apps.
qtopiamake knows better.

> You may also want to check the qtopia-interest mailinglist
> at trolltech.com which could have more Qtopia resources.

There is an sdk for the neo at qtopia.net. That iso has an iso file in
it that contains the qtopia binaries to link to and also a cross
toolchain to compile things.

If you install the sdk (a vmware image), you have the added bonus of
some helper scripts and such.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, Trolltech, a Nokia company