Openmoko Bugtracker

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Mon Aug 11 18:16:49 CEST 2008

Hey,

the signal noise ratio of the bugtracker is in a state that I'm close to
ignoring it completely.

It can not be that:
	- People say +1 and me too. It is not a popularity contest
	- People playing with components, milestones, severity...
	- Hijacking bug reports. How and when should such a hijacked bug be closed?
	- Not checking for duplicates before posting their bug.

If things continue that way I'm _forced_ to ask our engineers to not waste
their time with the bugtracker.

Rule of thumb: The more precise your bug is formulated and you act on requests
to help triaging the bug the more interested the developer is to fix that.

z.