[Shr-devel] openembedded.org down?

Julien Cassignol ainulindale at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 21:59:26 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 7:46 PM, Matt Margush <matt at margush.com> wrote:
> Is anyone working on SHR now that 2008.8 has been
> released?

We are working more than ever. 2008.8 doesn't use frameworkd, and
frameworkd IS the way to go for us.
Furthermore, there's a place out there for a community driven project
working towards having stable and fully working applications,
regardless of the rendering engine or whatever. OpenMoko, the business
entity, can't handle that by itself, and we're a bunch of people
trying to get happy by developing stuff which we use and which could
be useful to others,

We do have a stable and working layer to communicate easily - compared
to the typical dbus-glib marshalling and stuff - in C with the dbus
primitives (libframeworkd-glib), and we're currently building a
library to display screens related to calls (libframeworkd-phonegui),
which was handled by the old phone-kit API, triggered by a daemon
listening to frameworkd (ophonekitd).

This combination of two libraries and one daemon allows us to build,
later on, several other libraries to manage screens for calls. I'd
really like to see someone working on a Qt one. As for myself, I
thought it would be fun to try to build a ncurses library.

Meanwhile, other people are working to port openmoko-messages2 and
openmoko-contacts2, which are quite easy to port it seems.

--
Julien Cassignol