Openmoko Bugtracker

Joachim Steiger roh at openmoko.org
Tue Aug 12 18:29:03 CEST 2008

Steven ** wrote:
> Are you sure?  Because I can no longer edit the CC field.

yes sorry i didnt write a mail about this yet:

i got asked to change this and will propably also remove setting some
fields from the NewTicket form soon.

for now its configured that the internal developers get TICKET_MODIFY
while regular 'i clicked an account' users get TICKET_APPEND.

adding more users to that group is not a problem at all.
just contact me with a good excuse ;)
as long as i am sure you know how to use a bugtracker and what fields to
touch and which to leave there shouln't be a problem.

we just need to make sure that somebody who reports a bug does not mess
with fields we need to get some workflow into actually working down
tickets and fixing bugs, instead of wasting time sorting stuff when
somebody will just meddle with it minutes later.

> Which is an
> issue, since it seems the tickets I create don't get sent to the devel
> list by default. (I assume there's something special that needs added
> to make that happen).

not really

just make sure the bug has component 'unknown' (the default) or 'host
utilities' on adding the ticket.

we probably will make the NewTicket form quite basic and let the
developers set these fields when 'reviewing' the bug. thus we know
somebody who understands the real problem sets things like priority,
severity and the component.

the problem is: for a 'user' a bug is always 'high' priority and
'severe', regardless what it is.

we need to focus on solving bugs, not to file them, sort them again, and
again, and again

--

Joachim Steiger
Openmoko Central Services