git service seems to be down

Joachim Steiger roh at openmoko.org
Thu Aug 14 07:17:01 CEST 2008

Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> Trying to fetch fresh changes but
>
> *$> git fetch
> git.openmoko.org[0: 78.47.190.213]: errno=Connection refused
> fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)

sorry bout that, restarted it and it was fine again

> although host itself is pingable, thus I think it is just that the git
> deamon died?

nope.. still running, and also bound the the port.

> P.S. just 1 cent: I somewhat like cfengine to overlook after the hosts I
> need to administer. It has one of the configurations 'processes' where
> you can specify the action to take if some given process is not found in
> the needed quantity ;)

it runs in runsv, means i dunno how to get it dead without using 'sv' or
kill runsv ;)

pretty reliable. only doesnt help if it seems an application error of
some kind

please report bugs with down services of any kind via
http://admin-trac.openmoko.org

that way all our admins know something is down and can coordinate the S&R.

kind regards

--

Joachim Steiger
Openmoko Central Services