White Screen Of Death, LCD controller

polz polz at aufbix.org
Fri Aug 15 13:44:48 CEST 2008

Some people have mentioned a white screen of death occuring on their
freerunners. The problem doesn't seem to be limited to the new hardware,
though - I've had it happen a few weeks ago on a Neo1973. After a resume, the
screen was white but the touchscreen was working and I was able to ssh into
the phone. After the phone suspended and resumed once more, the screen seemed
to be back to normal.
Since the problem (sometimes, randomly) also occurs on the Neo1973, Glammo
might not be the culprit - the problem might lie with the LCD controller.

On a related note - if I change the resolution of the LCD to 320x240, the
colours seem a bit odd. What should be done to fix that ?