Testing and Unstable feeds for the FSO distribution are now available

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 16:08:24 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 15:10, Rod Whitby <rod at whitby.id.au> wrote:
>> Would I be "safe" if I used one of these repositories also for 2007.2 ?
>
> No.  Neither for Om2008.8 or any other Om200X.X release.
>
>> And for qtopia distro ? (which was said to be based on a fso rootfs...
>> which version an modifications applied, I don't know)
>
> No.  Trolltech has their own feeds for Qtopia.
>
>> And how do opkg resolve version comparison ?
>> I thing I had made a try, and it did not want to replace
>> kernel-2.6.24_2.6.24+git30+[.....]
>> by
>> kernel-2.6.24_2.6.24+r5+gitr88bf43840b9df0eb0a077a1394eb564be80a412e-r5_om-gta02
>
> Do not mix feeds.  Simple as that.
>
> FSO is for FSO, ASU is for ASU, Qtopia is for Qtopia.  Choose one.

Thanks !

But for qtopia, I am not sure at all there is an available feed...
trolltech does not provide one.
(trolltech publish updates for /opt/qtopia only , and indicate that
the rest of the distro should be updated via opkg...)

opkg.conf points to buildhost but from 080808 version I stopped opkg
upgrade since it is not OK anymore...
see thread http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td681418 ....

And since I could not have infos on how the rootfs for qtopia was
built exactly, not easy to figure from were to update it !