bitbake fso-image: git://git.freesmartphone.org/usaged.git hung up unexpectedly

Russell Sears sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Wed Aug 20 20:23:56 CEST 2008

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 20 August 2008 18:28:43 schrieb Russell Sears:
>> I'm trying to build FSO according to the directions at:
>>
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/FSO
>>
>> bitbake fso-image fails after saying this:
>>
>>   git ls-remote git://git.freesmartphone.org/usaged.git master failed
>> with signal 128, output:
>> fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly while parsing
>> /home/sears/oe/org.openembedded.dev/packages/freesmartphone/python-ousaged_
>> git.bb
>>
>> I tried doing an mtn pull, but that didn't fix it.  Setting BB_MASK to
>> ignore that package causes later packages to say the same thing.
>
> The old framework parts have been consolidated into one repository
> (framework). I have catched up with that since long in OE, seems the changes
> did not propagate to Om yet.
>
> If you want to build FSO, please use org.openembedded.dev.

I thought I did, but now I'm even more confused than before (though it
does seem to be builiding something... ;)

Do I want to do this:

wget http://www.openembedded.org/snapshots/OE.mtn.bz2
mtn --db=/stuff/OE.mtn checkout --branch=org.openembedded.dev

## OM's wiki leaves the next three lines out:
mtn --db=/stuff/OE.mtn pull monotone.openembedded.org org.openembedded.dev

cd /stuff/org.openembedded.dev && mtn update
cd /stuff/org.openembedded.dreambox && mtn update

bitbake fso-image

or this:

git init
git pull git://git.openembedded.net/org.openembedded.dev.git
bitbake fso-image

Both lead to a coherent looking bitbake setup.  The git way is how the
feeds are made, right?  The wiki says to use monotone.  What's the
difference between the two repositories?

Also, the wikis are broken.  Should this go away:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/FSO
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenEmbedded

or should this:

http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Getting_Started
http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/OEandYourDistro#Using_OpenEmbedded_on_Linux_systems

I can do a three-way diff, and try to merge one into the other.  I'm
pretty sure the (unmaintained?) OM one should be replaced with a link to
the (maintained?) OE one, and the gtk theme stuff stuff should live
somewhere else at OM.

Sound good?

-Rusty