bitbake fso-image: git://git.freesmartphone.org/usaged.git hung up unexpectedly

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Thu Aug 21 02:57:00 CEST 2008

Russell Sears wrote:
> Do I want to do this:
>
> wget http://www.openembedded.org/snapshots/OE.mtn.bz2
> bitbake fso-image
>
> or this:
>
> git init
> git pull git://git.openembedded.net/org.openembedded.dev.git
> bitbake fso-image

The latter, but see below for an (IMHO) easier way to set it up.

> Both lead to a coherent looking bitbake setup.  The git way is how the
> feeds are made, right?  The wiki says to use monotone.  What's the
> difference between the two repositories?

OE is moving from monotone to git.  (Real Soon Now TM)

> Also, the wikis are broken.  Should this go away:
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/FSO
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenEmbedded
>
> or should this:
>
> http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Getting_Started
> http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/OEandYourDistro#Using_OpenEmbedded_on_Linux_systems
>
> I can do a three-way diff, and try to merge one into the other.  I'm
> pretty sure the (unmaintained?) OM one should be replaced with a link to
> the (maintained?) OE one, and the gtk theme stuff stuff should live
> somewhere else at OM.
>
> Sound good?

I have a severe dislike for non-executable build instructions on wikis,
because they are always out of date and are continually duplicated with
only tiny changes.  I think all the pages you listed should go away :-)

http://shr.bearstech.com/README details how to use the FsoMakefile (the
FSO equivalent of the MokoMakefile) which is used to build the
fso-testing and fso-unstable feeds on that site.

-- Rod