OpenMoko Neo 1973

Daniel Willmann daniel at openmoko.org
Thu Aug 21 11:40:53 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 23:48:27 +0200
"Michael 'Mickey' Lauer" <mickey at vanille-media.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have cc'ed devel at lists.openmoko.org, which is the right forum for
> these questions. Please use this for further mails.
>
> Am Mittwoch 20 August 2008 19:36:46 schrieb Azamat S. Kalimoulline:
> >  * Is GPS supported in FSO for Neo 1973? Is I'm able to see my
> > coordinates and should work tangoGPS?
>
> Yes, both should work. Once you turn on the GPS device, you should
> get signals after a while. Please see how it's used in the Zhone UI.
> That reminds me that we need to add more examples. Daniel?

no, sorry that will not work yet. See
http://trac.freesmartphone.org/ticket/49 for progress. Thanks to Rod
Whitby the NMEA parser is working and alongst has implemented the UDP
listener for gllin. What remains now is to automatically launch/kill
gllin. I think if you do that manually GPS should work for you. I
really want to have that working in MS3, though I'm currently busy with
SMS PDU mode..

> > And some questions on perspective usage:
> >
> >  * What about unicode and national character sets? I see my SMS'es
> > as HEX-string.
>
> Currently we only support text-mode SMS (and phonebook). PDU mode is
> currently under construction (see trac.freesmartphone.org) and will
> be finished soon. This will enable all kinds of languages for SMS.

Yeah, that's really starting to look quite promising. I already have
the decoding part more or less worked out, I hope to be able to have
encoding working by the end of the week (I would say today, but then it
wont happen :-). I still need to implement UCS2 support for
international charsets, though that shouldn't be too hard.

Regards,
Daniel Willmann