OpenMoko Neo 1973

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Thu Aug 21 12:04:15 CEST 2008

Daniel Willmann wrote:
>> Am Mittwoch 20 August 2008 19:36:46 schrieb Azamat S. Kalimoulline:
>>>  * Is GPS supported in FSO for Neo 1973? Is I'm able to see my
>>> coordinates and should work tangoGPS?
>> Yes, both should work. Once you turn on the GPS device, you should
>> get signals after a while. Please see how it's used in the Zhone UI.
>> That reminds me that we need to add more examples. Daniel?
>
> no, sorry that will not work yet. See
> http://trac.freesmartphone.org/ticket/49 for progress. Thanks to Rod
> Whitby the NMEA parser is working and alongst has implemented the UDP
> listener for gllin. What remains now is to automatically launch/kill
> gllin. I think if you do that manually GPS should work for you.

Actually the fso image includes gpsd, and that starts gllin
automatically.  So all you need to do is use the fso-testing image, then
patch the ogpsd with the patches from trac 49 and 50, add the config
lines to /etc/frameworkd.conf, and ipkg install the gllin package (you
need to click through the license to download that one).

Then it all works automatically.

The fso-unstable image should have everything included already, but I
don't know what else is in flux in that image (I use the fso-testing
image myself).

-- Rod