which updates for Om 2008.8 ? - Was: Re: Repository and Images

Olivier Berger oberger at ouvaton.org
Wed Aug 27 00:06:07 CEST 2008

Olivier Berger <oberger at ouvaton.org> writes:

> Julian Chu <julian_chu at openmoko.com> writes:
>

>>    *) The repository of 2008.8
>>       After the building process complete, we also sync the repository[3]
>>       People can upgrade from there.
>>
>>       [3] http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/Om2008.8/
>

> Is this [3] repository supposed to bring updates over the first 2008.8
> stable image ? (It seems it was already there in my opkg config having
> used this feed already over the 2008.8 install ..., and nothing seems
> updated so far when doing opkg update; opkg -test upgrade)

Well, actually, I had a network problem, and made a false assumption
on that. opkg does indeed upgrade now the network is configured OK.

> I'm puzzled... How is one supposed to upgrade from the initial 2008.8
> ? re-flash the daily built stable ?

I suppose the upgrade path is clear, then : opkg update + opkg upgrade
with feeds from [3].

Sorry about bothering.

Still, this may be helpful though :

> Is there a changelog of bugs fixed somewhere ?

I'll try and update the wiki unless someone's quicker in doing so.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER
http://www.olivierberger.com/weblog/