"X--tag=CC: command not found"

Ludwig ludwigbrinckmann at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 1 14:54:54 CET 2008

I have just run into the same issue on Ubuntu 8.10

It seems to be that 8.10 has an incompatible version of libtools (i.e
version 2.24), while the scripts work only with 1.5 (or so).

I got further by uninstalling libtool 2, then installing libtool 1.5.26:

sudo apt-get remove libtool

wget
http://ftp.sjtu.edu.cn/ubuntu/pool/main/libt/libtool/libtool_1.5.26-1ubuntu1_i386.deb

sudo dpkg -i libtool_1.5.26-1ubuntu1_i386.deb

The only thing, unrelated, to get the sample to compile was then:

sudo apt-get install libdbus-glib-1-dev

Now it compiles and runs on the host machine....

HTH

Ludwig