WLAN: known issues and how to help

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Dec 1 16:57:06 CET 2008

>   #1929 WLAN gets stuck after a while with ar6000_ioctl_giwscan()
>         complaining (= #1285 ?)

I'm not sure if that's the one, but I consistently have to reboot my FR
in order to associate to a new network: after a while, "iwlist scan"
just keeps returning the same old data.  To some extent, it seems the
rest is still usable (e.g. if I go back to where that list was valid,
wpa-supplicant seems to be able to associate with my network again, at
least some of the time).  I've never seen any relevant message in the
log such as "ar6000_ioctl_giwscan", but I may have missed it.

        Stefan