How to make another keyboard for illume?

Visti Andresen talpa at talpa.dk
Thu Dec 4 07:46:54 CET 2008

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 17:14:22 +0100
"Thomas Seiler" <thseiler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mathieu,
>
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Mathieu Rochette <mathroc at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > As I write some time ago, I'm planning to develop a "dasher-like"
> > keyboard for illume for a school project. And I'm beginning right
> > now.
>
> Great to hear that, and good luck.

--- SNIP ---

> As an example how all this works together, we have written a simple
> example keyboard, code is here:
> http://svn.om.vptt.ch/trunk/test-keyboard/
>
> The tutorial that should explain all this is still unfinished, and
> will need a bit more time...
> In the meantime, i hope this email helps...
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas
>
> PS: You might also want to check out the simple character recognizer:
> http://svn.om.vptt.ch/trunk/scr/ & http://www.om.vptt.ch/site/?p=382

This is most interesting information, perhaps I should dust off my
"old" stroke recognition code.

It kinda stranded on the integration into the seemingly newer ending
list off "new" window managers (gnome->matchbox->illume) each one
seeming to have new limitations end requirements.
But you code snippets looks like a "cut and paste" fix for my old
matchbox compatible code.

--
Visti Andresen